Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience (e.g. facebook, twitter, youtube). We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
Data Protection Officer
Apollon F.C. Football Club Limited
1, Mesologgiou Str. 3032,
Legal basis for processing personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal data will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
If we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you or with your explicit consent, we can provide details of this to you on request. We will advise you at the time whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal data).
If we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), you may request that we provide you with you information about what those legitimate interests are by contacting us using the details provided above.
Information we collect
Our website, eshop, ticketing website and also our ticketing app are designed to allow fans of Apollon Football Club to interact with the club. We use your personal data as detailed below to facilitate this.
- Apollon F.C.’s use of your personal data assists to provide products, tickets and services that you have purchased, to communicate with our fans, to provide you with information about us and about our products, services and events and may also include, where we are allowed to do so, contacting you about products and services and events that we think you'll be interested in.
- We collect and process personal data about you when you register to use this or our other websites or our app or purchase or express an interest in receiving products or services from us or subscribing to our communications.
Your full name, your contact details, your postal address, email address, telephone number and in some cases your ID Number.
The purpose for obtaining this information being:
- To contact you in order for us to manage, administer and provide our products and services to you and to respond to any service-related enquiries you send to us in respect of our products or services. For example for online tickets you request through our website (www.apollon.com.cy) , for other products you may be interested in through our e-shop, or for season tickets provided through our boutique, we may collect and store personal information that you provide to us.
- To communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- To communicate with you for club events, upcoming football matches you may be interested in as well as to inform you of products and services we may offer from time to time (including via electronic means) and to inform you about the football club’s news, competitions, events and other information, unless you have chosen to opt-out from direct marketing correspondence with you.
- To provide you with relevant information such as operational updates, including ticket information relating to match days, and other related event.
- To inform you on any offers provided by our sponsors/partners.
- We may use this information to collect payment of debts from you.
- To communicate any updates to you including any changes to our services, the terms and conditions of any services which we have provided to you, any changes to this Privacy Notice and to our websites.
- To invite you to give feedback and/or take part in market research or surveys to assist us with improving fan experiences and our products and services.
Identity details including your title, name, date of birth, gender
- To register you as a fan, to establish your identity and to ensure that we are corresponding with and providing products and services to the correct person.
- To enable your participation in a prize draw or competition which you have entered.
- We will also use this information to market our products and services to you (including via electronic means) and to inform you about the football club’s news, competitions, events and other information, unless you have chosen to opt-out from direct marketing correspondence with you.
- We may use this information to collect payment of debts from you.
- We only collect information about your gender for statistical purposes and to personalize the products and services we offer to you.
Financial information including bank account and payment card details.
Your payment card details may be collected via our website or app. This information is used solely for billing purposes by our certified payment services provider. Your payment card information is encrypted and transmitted to our payment services provider securely via HTTPS. Your payment card details are never stored on our systems, and no one at Apollon F.C. can access them.
Details of payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us including any feedback.
- To allow us to provide you with any products or services you have purchased from us.
- To administer any refunds that we provide to you.
- To enable you to track your payments history through your account.
- To establish whether other products / services that we may wish to contact you about (where we are entitled to do so) are relevant.
- To respond to comments / complaints you or others may send to us.
- To improve and protect our products, platforms, content, services and websites.
- To check your eligibility for tickets and other events which you wish to attend.
Your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and any third parties (including any consents you have given us) and confirmation of whether or not we should contact you.
To make sure that we only send marketing information to you where we are entitled to do so.
Your club membership status.
This assists with ticketing and providing benefits to members depending on their membership status.
Your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and any survey responses (profiling).
- When you sign up with us for an online account, register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our sponsors and partners), enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and may use it to personalize and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling and market research.
- We use this information to track your activity on our digital platforms and create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences and serve you in the most effective manner
- This information also enable us to personalize and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us
- We use this information to show you material that is relevant to you including your account information and history to allow you to administer your account.
- For more information on this, please see our Cookies Policy.
Should have option for Cookies on website e.g. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can use this tool to change your cookie settings. Otherwise, we’ll assume you’re OK to continue. (Tick that you are OK with this)
Technical data about your access to and use of the website and app.
- When you interact with our digital platforms, we may automatically collect information about your visit. This is likely to include IP address (from which we may infer your country of location), the type of device you are using, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the device you use to access our website or app and information about whether you open our communications, which content you have viewed (e.g. videos watched, adverts seen, pop-up messages) and other page interaction information.
This is primarily to help us better understand how our fans use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications. For more information on this, please see our Cookies Policy.
Information required by law
- This may include, for example, where we need parental consent to provide online services to children under 16 or in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- Please note that we may use any of the data described above to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime (including but not limited to ticketing offences), in accordance with applicable law.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Disclosure of your information
In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, payment processing organisations, delivery organisations, fraud prevention and screening and credit risk management companies, and mailing houses.
We may share your data with advertising networks and/or social media platforms for the purposes of selecting and serving relevant adverts to you via those networks/platforms, and to search engine and analytics providers (e.g. Facebook as mentioned above).
We may share your data with our carefully selected sponsors and partners (as may change from time to time) but we will only do this if you have consented to receive marketing relating to our sponsors and partners or if one of the conditions in the paragraph above applies.
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called 'cookies' on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Types of cookies
Persistent cookies remain on a user’s device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies are temporary. They allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Once the browser window is closed, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies also have four main functions, which allow their categorisation to strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functionality cookies and targeting or advertising cookies.
Strictly necessary cookies are essential for navigating around a website and using its features. Such cookies do not gather information about users which could be used for marketing and do not keep a memory of navigation history.
Performance cookies collect anonymous data for statistical purposes on how visitors use a website, they don’t contain personal information, and are used to improve the experience of navigating through a website. Information supplied by performance cookies helps in better understanding the use of a site, i.e. whether a particular user has visited the site before, what that user looked at or clicked on, etc. This site generally uses independent analytics companies to perform such cases, so these cookies may be set by a third party company (third party cookies).
Functionality cookies allow users to customise how a website loads on their screen in terms of remembering usernames, language preferences and regions, and other factors depending on the functionalities of a website.
Advertising and targeting cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to users, but can also limit the number of times a user sees an advertisement. Also they can be used to chart the effectiveness of an ad campaign by tracking users’ clicks. They can also provide security in transactions. They are usually placed by third-party advertising networks with a website operator’s permission, but can be placed by the operator themselves. They can remember that a user has visited a website and this information can be shared with other organisations. However, the data collected is never linked to the profile of a user.
Examples of use of different categories of cookies are as follows:
Strictly necessary: Setting unique identifiers for each unique visitor, so site numbers can be analysed.
Performance: Gathering data about visits to the website, including numbers of visitors and visits, length of time spent on the site, pages clicked on or where visitors have come from.
Functionality: Remembering if a user has visited the website before so that messages intended for first-time users are not displayed.
Control of cookies
Any preferences are lost if a user deletes cookies and many websites will not work properly or will lose some of their functionality. It is, therefore, not recommend turning cookies off when using this website.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but the settings of a browser can be altered (by visiting the “options” or “preferences” menu of a browser) to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance. Generally a user has the option to see which cookies are in place and delete them individually, block third party cookies or cookies from particular sites, accept or reject all cookies.
Security of information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. When you submit your request for an online ticket and provide personal data (mentioned in section above) which may include credit card details and other, our software providers use standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to guard your information as securely as possible. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. Please do not share or disclose your password to any other person.
We may monitor or record telephone calls for security purposes and to improve the quality of services that we provide to you. Please note that for your safety and security, CCTV is in operation in all of our premises which are open to the public.
If you are under 16 years of age, we need written consent by your parent or legal guardian, in order to verify your form . We need the guardian’s consent or refusal within 7 days, or else we will assume consent is not granted. Their consent can be withdrawn at any stage.
Even if your parent or legal guardian gives their consent to your registration, if you are under 16 we still expect you to tell them and get their agreement in advance each time before you:
- email us, or ask us to email anything to you;
- send any information to us;
- enter any competition or game that requires information about you or offers a prize;
- purchase an official membership; or
- offer or agree to buy anything online.
More information about your rights
You may request us to correct or update your personal information at any time by contacting us, or you may correct your data directly by changing your profile on our website. Please include your name, address, date of birth and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
Right for deletion or restriction (stop any active) processing of your personal data
We will securely retain your information for as long as necessary and in accordance with applicable law (refer to section above). If you wish to submit a request that your data be deleted, please write to us at DPO@apollon.com.cy. Note however, that the right to be forgotten may be limited, for example if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
Restricting the processing of your personal data
You can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time.
How do I opt-out of direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- click the 'unsubscribe' link in any email or telephone marketing communications which we send you and make changes in our preference center
- if you have any account registration on our website or any of our product or service areas, log-in to your Account and update or change your preferences; or
- contact our Marketing team using our Contact Us page.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while all our systems are fully updated.
Right to access
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that you have provided to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format.
This right may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us or our data protection officer using the details set out below:
DPO@apollon.com.cy or write to us at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Apollon F.C. Football Club Limited
1, Mesologgiou Str. 3032,
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This likely to be the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office in Cyprus which you can write to at the following address:
1 Iasonos str., 1082 Nicosia
P.O.Box 23378, 1682 Nicosia
Tel: +357 22818456
Fax: +357 22304565
Or via email at Email: email@example.com